Apply For a Grant
Before applying, please answer the following eligibility guidelines:
- I am classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or part of a governmental body (such as schools or parks department that serves Southeast Virginia).
- My nonprofit organization serves those in Southeast Virginia or is located in Southeast Virginia.
- I have a grant proposal that does not fall into one of the following categories: debt reduction, general/administrative expenses, individual benefit, travel expenses for individuals or groups, political organization or activity, annual appeals or membership contributions, or capital and endowment building unless matching funds are generated within the particular organization.
If you answered “No” to any of the guidelines above, your organization may not be eligible to apply. Please call us at 397-5424 to schedule a time to speak to or meet with a Foundation staff member before applying.
If you answered “Yes” to all of the guidelines above, your nonprofit organization can apply for grants by:
- Complete the online application form below or,
- Download the application » and mail all attachments to 1435 Crossways Blvd, Suite 303, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Download the application » and email all attachments to email@example.com
- Feel free to submit a 2 – 3 minute video presentation highlighting points you wish to express. Be sure to finish your video with your grant request title and the amount. We will share your video with the Committee. Submission is separate and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice: Please make sure you are submitting the most recent application. Submitting a common grant proposal is discouraged.
Recommendation: We encourage applicants to reach out via email or phone prior to submission.
Note: If applying online, we advise that you also download and review the application document to ensure that your attached files meet the instruction criteria.