Apply For a Grant
Before applying, please answer the following eligibility guidelines:
- I am classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or part of a governmental body (such as schools or parks department that serves Southeast Virginia).
- My nonprofit organization serves those in Southeast Virginia or is located in Southeast Virginia.
- I have a grant proposal that does not fall into one of the following categories: debt reduction, general/administrative expenses, individual benefit, travel expenses for individuals or groups, political organization or activity, annual appeals or membership contributions, or capital and endowment building unless matching funds are generated within the particular organization.
If you answered “No” to any of the guidelines above, your organization may not be eligible to apply. Please call us at 397-5424 to schedule a time to speak to or meet with a Foundation staff member before applying.
If you answered “Yes” to all of the guidelines above, your nonprofit organization can apply for grants by:
- Complete the online application form below.
- Download the application » and mailing all attachments to 1435 Crossways Blvd, Suite 303, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Download the application » and emailing all attachments to email@example.com
Important Notice: Our grant application was amended in November 2021. Please make sure you are submitting the most recent application. Submitting a common grant proposal is discouraged.
Recommendation: We encourage applicants to reach out via email or phone prior to submission.
Note: If applying online, we advise that you also download and review the application document to ensure that your attached files meet the instruction criteria.