7 Ways Community Foundations Increase Philanthropic Efficiency
- As public charities, community foundations offer the highest level of tax benefits for giving. And, we let you personalize your gift and contribute to building a stronger community.
- Gifting your community foundation with cash or stock by creating a new fund or adding to an existing one will increase both your tax benefits and your opportunities to give back.
- Having a donor-advised fund with us lets you target the many different areas of need in our community, rather than choosing a single cause. Suppose you want to feed the hungry, educate children, and support the arts — you can do it all through us and won’t have to narrow down your support to just one charity.
- Community foundations give you flexibility. Whether you want to do your giving now or leave a legacy for future generations, we can help you start a fund that meets your needs.
- Speaking of the future, we honor our past donors forever, making grants to charities that are tackling the problems of today and tomorrow from funds set up many years ago.
- Foundation funds are pooled together and professionally managed to grow over time, so you’ll always have more chances to support local nonprofits.
- We take the burden off of you. With investment and administrative services provided, giving back has never been more convenient.