Please note, the Southeast Virginia Community Foundation is now accepting grant proposals. Before applying, please answer the following eligibility guidelines:
1. I am classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or part of a governmental body (such as schools or parks department that serves Southeast Virginia).
2. My nonprofit organization serves those in Southeast Virginia, or is located in Southeast Virginia.
3. I have a grant proposal that does not fall into one of the following categories: debt reduction, general/administrative expenses, individual benefit, travel expenses for individuals or groups, political organization or activity, annual appeals or membership contributions, or capital and endowment building unless matching funds are generated within the particular organization.
If you answered “No” to any of the guidelines above, your organization may not be eligible to apply. Please contact the Foundation office at 397-5424 to schedule a time to speak or meet with a Foundation staff member before applying.
If you answered “Yes” to all of the guidelines above, please download or refer to the application document below.
Nonprofit organizations may apply for grants by:
1. Downloading the application document and mailing all attachments to 5800 High Street West, Portsmouth, VA 23703
2. Completing the online application
***Note: If applying online, we advise that you also download and review the application document to ensure that your attached files meet its instruction criteria.
Grant applications due January 15th and July 15th!
***Note: If the 15th should fall on a weekend or holiday, applications are due by the close of business the following day
For paper proposals please click the button below:
To apply online please complete the fields below:
If you’d prefer to email us your application, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org