FOR CURRENT AND FUTURE DONORS
Our goal is to make it easy for you to give and to put your charitable wishes into action. You can expect us to:
- Process your grant suggestions from your fund carefully.
- Ensure that the nonprofits you are supporting are financially and programmatically sound.
- Fill you in on charitable needs and activities in our area, especially Chesapeake and Portsmouth.
- Work with you to tailor a grant program.
- Help you endow a fund using a charitable bequest to create a permanent legacy that never stops giving.
- Coming soon, we will also offer access to MySEVA Fund, a free service that provides fund advisors 24/7 access to their fund balance.
Contact the office to get started.
CREATE YOUR OWN PERMANENT PHILANTHROPIC LEGACY
A bequest could be the most important charitable gift you ever make, for several reasons:
- Your gift does good forever because it permanently endows a fund.
- You can give what’s left, after your spouse, children and other heirs are cared for.
- Future SEVACF boards of directors will make sure your funds address urgent, contemporary needs.
- We will ALWAYS honor, and if necessary, fight for your charitable intentions.
- Funds that were set up generations ago are now supporting efforts to improve public schools, put people to work, rebuild communities, and strengthen families. As Portsmouth and Chesapeake change, so do our grants.
- Through your will, you can set up an endowed fund or add to an existing fund. If you have a donor-advised fund with us, any assets remaining after your lifetime will be used to meet contemporary needs.