The Southeast Virginia Community Foundation works closely with attorneys, financial advisors, investment managers, trust officers, accountants and other professional wealth managers. We help you help your clients integrate charitable giving into their financial and estate plans.
We serve both as an expert partner on charitable giving for you and as a resource for your clients.
- Stronger relationships with your clients as you help them make a difference for the causes they care about in the context of a financial or estate plan.
- The ability for your clients to support multiple charities – locally, nationally, or internationally.
- An enduring legacy for your clients through permanent funds that perpetually support their preferred causes and that memorialize their name or their family’s name.
- Careful investment management and low overhead achieved through economies of scale, so more of your clients’ dollars have a direct impact on what matters to them.
- A full range of philanthropic services to meet specific needs, such as developing a giving strategy or identifying the best organizations to support.
- The best tax advantages allowed by law.
- Those who care deeply about specific causes or organizations.
- Those who give regularly to one or more charitable causes.
- Those interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community.
- Those who are thinking about creating a private foundation.
- Those who like to stay personally involved in their use of gift dollars.
- Those who want to receive the maximum tax benefits for their charitable contributions that are allowable by law.
- Those who place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions.